NOTE:: Before reporting an issue, make sure you are running the latest version, currently 3.3.1
|Anonymous | Login | Signup for a new account||29-05-17 12:23 BST|
|My View | View Issues | Change Log | Roadmap|
|View Issue Details|
|ID||Project||Category||View Status||Date Submitted||Last Update|
|0016916||phplist application||Message Management||public||14-10-13 22:34||17-05-15 16:47|
|Target Version||3.1.X||Fixed in Version||3.0.7|
|Summary||0016916: Edit sent messages|
|Description||v3 doesn't allow editing messages that were already sent, thus removing the old v2 feature.|
Now I see the logic in removing that ability. Why giving someone the chance to "change the past", one might ask.
Well, here are some reasons:
1) Good or bad, it's paternalism.
2) It interferes with the interim solution to #15472.
3) It shall forever hunt the reputation of those who use an archive add-on (if the sent messages had a mistake). Even more so, it might even be illegal not to change something that's required of them.
4) There's no need to repeat mistakes should you wish to resend messages.
You've closed the related issue with the statement "I've added the option to mark a campaign as "test-campaign" which then provides the option to delete the campaign from the lists of active or finished campaigns."
1) The documentation (if you click "(I) This is a test campaign") states it's only for deletion, not for editing.
2) It doesn't answer my queries about legality, etc
the related issue was for deletion. this one for editing. Editing sent campaigns is possible.
|Copyright © 2000 - 2017 MantisBT Team|