View Issue Details

IDProjectCategoryView StatusLast Update
0016881phpList 3 applicationCampaign Send Processpublic21-06-18 13:05
ReporterCornwell Assigned To 
PrioritynormalSeverityminorReproducibilityhave not tried
Status newResolutionopen 
Platformx86_64OSLinuxOS Version2.6.18-348.6.1.e
Product Version3.0.2 
Target Versionnext major 
Summary0016881: Attribute in message sends wrong value if cookie with same name exists
DescriptionThe above profile refers to the server. The client is SeaMonkey 2.20 running under Windows XP SP3. The problem also exists when I use Chrome.

I have a website used by publishers, each of whom has been issued with a publisher number. So they don't have to enter it each time, this is stored as a cookie, named pubnum, with an expiry date one year hence. the scope of this cookie is the entire domain.

I have installed phplist in the /lists subdirectory. The subscribers are publishers and there is an attribute PubNum which contains the publisher number. I am sending a campaign to all the publishers, which includes the line
Your publisher number is [PubNum].

I had been logging in as a number of different publishers, in the main website not phplist, ending up with a publisher who has a different email address to me. For ease of explanation, I will say that my publisher number is 1234 and the other publisher has 5678. I began a new campaign and sent a test message to myself. I had expected to see "Your publisher number is 1234." but instead I received "Your publisher number is 5678." When I then returned to the main system and tried switching to other publishers (and so changed the value of the cookie 'pubnum') the test message always had the publisher number of the latest publisher.

I then tried sending the campaign to a list with a single member (me) and here too the publisher number was wrong. I also switched to using Chrome and accessed only phplist from this different browser. This too sent me the wrong publisher number even though the cookie was browser-specific; or is it?

I left this for a while (a man has to eat) and when I returned sent a test campaign to a list with two members, both of them me under different email addresses. This time the correct publisher numbers appeared. I then sent the live campaign to my list of publishers and I can see from feedback that each was sent their own individual publisher number.
Steps To ReproduceCreate a web page in the root directory that sets a cookie.
Create a subscriber database with an attribute that share a name with the cookie.
Send a test email referencing that attribute. The email that is received should have the value of the cookie not the value in the subscriber database.
Additional InformationThe cookie name was pubnum and the attribute name was PubNum but the fact that one has capital letters and the other does not, does not seem to affect this.

I used phpMyAdmin as well as phplist to check the database.
TagsNo tags attached.



19-09-13 18:17

administrator   ~0052270

interesting. Sounds like a mixup of REQUEST values, which include the COOKIE ones.

Most likely only affects the test messages, particularly when you use commandline processing, because on CL the cookie no longer exists.

Will need some digging to find the cause.