Dependency Graph

Dependency Graph
related to related to child of child of duplicate of duplicate of

View Issue Details

IDProjectCategoryView StatusLast Update
0015588phpList 3 applicationGeneralpublic22-08-18 18:08
Reporterseanfulton Assigned To 
PrioritynormalSeveritymajorReproducibilityalways
Status resolvedResolutionunable to reproduce 
PlatformCent4OS Version4 
Product Version2.11.6 
Summary0015588: Send process requires change to test mode then back to send
DescriptionWe just upgraded from 2.11.3 to 2.11.6. When sending, both from the command line and the web, the system says 1 message found to send, then nothing to do. There is also an error at the bottom of the screen on the web that says something about this is a DEV version but no author e-mail has been specified.

If you go into the config and change test mode to 1, then re-run, it will find the recipients and try to send in test mode. Changing test mode to 0 causes it to send properly and the DEV error is gone.
Steps To ReproduceSee above
Additional Informationphp 5.2.6, MySQL 5.1
TagsNo tags attached.

Relationships

has duplicate 0016575 resolvedmichiel Error: Running DEV version, but developer_email not set 

Activities

seanfulton

30-04-11 19:18

reporter   ~0051254

One thing I noticed that may impact this is that in our installation, we do not use the VERSION file. We've moved our ~/lists directory up one level to the root directory for the web server, so that the URLs are:

/index.php
/admin/index.php

As a result, VERSION would not be in the root of the PHPList install directory any more. I notice some of the files seem to open and read that file. Since it's not there, would that cause these problems?

seanfulton

08-05-11 17:06

reporter   ~0051289

I believe I have fixed this issue. There are two related issues. One is the error message when you try to send saying that the developer e-mail is not set, the other issue we were having with 2.11.6 is that automated sending from Cron didn't work. I think I have fixed both issues.

In ~/admin/lib.php there are two lines that begin:


if (!DEVVERSION) {

I replaced that with:

if ("$DEVVERSION" == "$VERSION") {

In both places and everything seems to be working properly. Please keep in mind that I also put the VERSION file in the correct (top-level location), which is not part of the installation instructions. In fact, there is a line in the file itself that says you do not need it, but I think you do in order to make this work.

sean